If you’re looking to attract new clients this year, it is important to have a powerful presence on the web. More than ever, prospective buyers are searching for contractors online.
Most contractors spend a significant amount of time on the content on their website, but one of the most important aspects a website is the user experience. Here are some tips on ensuring your prospective clients can navigate your site with ease:
- Ensure it is easy to read. Include easy to identify headers and sub headers so users can recognize the important segments of your content. Use bullet points or numbered lists when necessary and keep sentences and paragraphs short.
- Avoid grammar and spelling mistakes. This one seems obvious but having spelling and grammatical errors makes you look unprofessional in the eyes of your prospects. Ask someone to proofread your content prior to publishing your website.
- Use attractive images or video. Humans are visual in nature. In fact, “we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text.” When using images on your website, insure they are clear, not blurry and formatted properly for the web.
- Keep it clean. Using white space is critical to having a well designed website. “White space alone increases content comprehension by almost 20%.”
- Be mobile-friendly. Over half of your website visitors are browsing on their phone. Having a responsive, or “mobile-friendly” website means that your content re-positions based upon the users screen size. Transitioning to a responsive website can be as easy as changing themes.
Incorporating all of these principles into your web design will give you the foundation for a great website. If doing it yourself seems overwhelming, consider hiring a professional to assist you. Your website is your online office. Giving your prospects a great experience as soon as they land on your site can make all the difference.
Read the full article here.