The International Surface Event debuted today’s newest trends and important opportunities for remodelers to upsell their customers when it comes to flooring. Here’s what’s new and what to upsell:
- Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and wood plastic composite were true stars. LVT isn’t new but the technology continues to advance with high-definition printing, and engineered-in-register embossing techniques to pair with new styling and sealant-less installation.
- Believe it or not, carpet is your upsell! Enhanced styling, texture, and performance features have allowed carpet to move up in the market.
- The larger the tile, the trendier. Two, three and four-foot-wide tile are now commonplace but tiles as large as 10-by-5-foot are becoming features in homes. Used in fireplaces, entrances, and kitchen backsplashes, these large tiles can be used to bridge large spaces. They are also a great alternative for clients who are seeking a concrete look for their floor but want increased performance.
- Natural wood is back. Moving from darker shades back to lighter, more natural colors that allow the wood graining to shine is what is resonating with today’s consumer. Longer and wider planks are in strong demand.
- Laminate works to reduce moisture issues. Wear layer performance, great visuals, low cost, and ease of installation made laminate a no brainer for some clients but also made some wary of buying due to the moisture susceptibility. Manufacturers are working with water-resistant products to protect to the core and prevent against swelling.
Flooring is a great way to enhance your client’s remodeling project along with boosting your project bottom line. Don’t forget about carpet – new treatments can provide odor and moisture resistance to keep pet accidents from seeping through and prevent against mold and allergens.
Read the full article here.