August is here and most families are thinking back to school shopping and preparing for fall but there’s still time to complete some updates around the home. Whether they are looking to see or fix up their starter home, these updates can boost curb appeal and leave their home looking fresh for the rest of the year.
- Replace the garage door. This update is one of the top five remodeling projects to get the client’s home the biggest return on investment at resale. A new garage door brightens up the home and makes it inviting from a distance and adds insulation to save the client money on energy bills.
- Replace the front door. Similarly, to the garage door, replacing the front door can improve the curb appeal of your client’s home. Some homeowners struggle with the timing of replacing it. The summer time is the perfect time to complete this project and some clients may earn a tax credit for energy efficiency.
- Improve outdoor spaces. This is a simple renovation that can add an extra entertainment area and improve the home’s value. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Emerald grass: A green lawn can impress future buyers and tie your entire yard together.
- Professional landscaping: Having a professional cultivate outdoor areas creates an environment where guests can spend time.
- Winding walkway. Evening out bricks or pavers on an existing walkway or installing a new walkway not only increases the yard aesthetic but makes for a safer, sturdier surface.
These small changes can make a big difference in the overall appearance of your client’s home and fill your project calendar for the remainder of the summer and into the fall.
If clients are hesitant to invest in their homes late in the summer, offer low monthly payments as an option for payment. This can alleviate the pressure of spending the rest of their summer budget on remodeling and provides you an opportunity to suggest upgrades along the way.
For more information on how Foundation Finance can help you offer financing to your customers, request more information here.
Read the full article here.