Social media can be a scary thing for contractors. After all, you just wanted to start a business, right? Now you’re being told you need to be on every social platform under the sun and it is overwhelming.
Having a social media presence for your business is important and doesn’t have to be time consuming or stressful. Below are some simple tips to keep your business online and in the forefront so prospective customers can find you.
- Show the finished product. Your work sells itself. Share images of finished products with a good description of the work that was done. Homeowners will wonder if your services are something they need and it gives you a chance to show off your craft.
- Pull back the curtain. As much as clients like to see the finished project, a behind the scenes view can create interest in the process and creates an opportunity for you to explain a job from start to finish.
- Advertise your payment options. Don’t leave your prospective customers guessing on how they can pay for their projects; especially if you’re offering financing. If you’re unsure how to share your financing options on social media, check out Foundation Finance’s templates for both social media and email marketing.
- Say nice things about yourself. Testimonials are gold. Ask every customer to share a testimonial with you and request permission to post it on your social media. Preserve their privacy by only using a first name or initials. Bonus points if you can share a picture of the happy customer!
- Use quality images. Smart phones have excellent cameras these days. When taking pictures of your work, use two hands to steady your phone to reduce any possible blurriness. Take photos from different angles to share all the views of the work.
- Inform your audience. Using a new material? Have a new, groundbreaking process? These are great opportunities to inform your audience on what you do and why you’re the best. Educating your prospective customers helps establish you as an authority in your craft.
Following these tips will give you a great start on having quality and consistent social media content. Foundation Finance is here to help! We’ve created great templates for you to use in promoting your financing options. Get yours here.