Chip and Joanna Gaines have become home improvement legends with their HGTV show, Fixer Upper. The show has launched them into stardom making way for a partnership with Target and KILZ paint. The couple had a chance to discuss their popular “farmhouse chic” look and other design trends for 2018 with Remodeling.net.
Here are some of the Fixer Upper trends to offer to your clients in the coming year.
- Farmhouse chic. A perfect backdrop for any color pallet. It is clean, tasteful and inviting.
- Highlight large and small design features. Sliding barn doors, shiplap accent walls and exposed beams made with quality materials will go a long way in making a house a home.
- Use what is there. Take a step back and look at the remodeling project to see if there are features there to be used. Original wood floors or exposed brick are great places to start.
- Trend toward practical. As homeowners look to spend their money elsewhere, high end pieces that are not only beautiful but practical as well are great suggestions for clients.
- Color. Classic neutrals like white and grays are a staple of the farmhouse chic style but Chip and Joanna utilize a variety of blues to add some intrigue into their designs.
Start introducing these trends in your sales pitches. These are also great upgrades to projects you may already be doing for your clients. Be sure to sell the project with a low monthly payment option making it affordable for your client.
Read the full article here.