Stress is something that all business owners deal with. Day-to-day operations, deadlines, pressure from clients and jobsite problems can be overwhelming. Stress can cause 75-90% of all doctor’s visits, headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, anxiety, depression and more.
Below are some tips to help you keep stress at bay.
- Exercise. It has been proven that just 30 minutes of exercise a day can reduce stress dramatically.
- Yoga, Tai Chi, etc. Combining exercise and meditation with these techniques can help reduce the effects of stress. Once you get the hang of them, they can be done anywhere.
- Take a Break. Even a simple day off around the house can make a big difference and help blow off some pent-up steam.
- Turn it Off. Make a commitment to keep work and home separate. Turn off your phone and laptop and be present with your family.
- Get Checked Out. See your family doctor for advice on your stress level. They can run some non-invasive tests to be sure you’re where you need to be health-wise.
Being healthy is vital to the success of your business. Being stressed out and approaching a break down can cause your business to falter. Take time to make yourself a priority. Your business will thank you.
Read the full article here.