Winter is coming and fall projects are necessary to prepare your client’s homes for the chill. As summer jobs wind down, suggest these projects to clients to keep your fall calendar full and their homes cozy.
- Repair or replace your roof. Not only will it increase the energy efficiency of your client’s home, it increases the value as well.
- Repair cracks in driveways and walkways. Small cracks can grow if not properly filled before the cold arrives.
- Clean and seal the deck. Sealing the deck properly prepares it for the cold and moisture winter brings.
- Test the heating system. Be sure there is no damage or issues that could cause major repairs. Updating to a programable thermostat makes the system more efficient and can save the client on energy bills.
- Clean the fireplace inside and out. Proper inspection is key for the safe operation of a fireplace.
- Empty gutters and downspouts. Removing any leaves, twigs and debris that prevents proper drainage can help in preventing ice dams in the winter cold. Add a gutter guard and seal the seams for even better protection.
- Cut and aerate the lawn. Getting the grass down to two inches allows for fall leaves to blow across the grass easier. Aerating the lawn helps feed the lawn before the winter months.
If you’re a full-service home improvement contractor, consider offering a fall package to your customers that cover all of these important but tedious maintenance tasks. If not, partner with another professional to meet everyone’s needs.
Read more here.