Your time is valuable and as a home improvement professional, you are often busy and on the go. However, taking to the time to carefully and completely fill out a credit application can be the difference between an approval and a denial.
The tips below can help you get the most out of your credit applications and make the process from start to finish smoother and faster.
- Spell check. When entering an application, please be as accurate as possible because typos and other errors result in longer decision times.
- Use the correct ownership type. FFC has different approval parameters based on home ownership type, so make sure you are selecting the correct type on the application.
- Make sure your income type matches the amount submitted. If you are entering $5000 monthly income, the income type MUST be “monthly” even if the customer is paid weekly/biweekly. The selection should match the amount you are entering. Mismatching income submissions results in a different picture of the customer’s income.
- Submit a joint application. When wanting to use household income, include both applicants and their income on the application.
- Include emails. Submit the customers emails with the application to make in-person and remote signing easier and faster.
- Clear stipulations first. To help avoid issues at funding time, we recommend clearing all stipulations prior to beginning the work on the project.
Complete applications with accurate information allow us to deliver a fast and accurate decision. If you have a complicated situation that you aren’t sure how to represent on an application, don’t hesitate to call us for advice. We’ll help you complete and submit the application accurately so it can be decisioned properly.