Exterior replacement projects are one of the top home improvement projects for homeowners looking for a high return-on-investment because curb appeal and first impressions are essential to the estimate of the resale value.
Why is vinyl siding replacement one of the most popular projects among homeowners since the mid-1990s?
- On-trend colors: Vinyl siding has many different looks and increased durability, thanks to major advances in vinyl siding science.
- Fast installation: This contractor-friendly project only requires one installer instead of two, unlike other siding options. This is because vinyl has a self-supporting locking system, is light weight and is easy to level.
- New-look formats: To distinguish a homeowner’s house from its neighbors, many contractors choose to offer accents to the homeowner, like vertical board and batten, clapboard, Dutch lap, scallops, and others.
- No-worry durability: Today about one-third of all new homes in the U.S. are built with vinyl siding. The advanced manufacturing of the new darker colors holds their “new look” for years.
- Low maintenance: No painting needed ever, unlike some other cladding types.
Home remodeling contractors should remember to keep exterior replacement projects as one of their top services because of the substantial dollars they bring in, simple installation, exciting new formats and color options, and the increased expectation of aging vinyl-sided homes needing replacement. Before your customer backs off because of price, offer them financing through Foundation Finance so they can pay it off with a low monthly payment over time.
Read more here.