You’re making a sales presentation to a potential customer for a home improvement project. He then points out that he can’t even get 100% of his investment back. Sound familiar? Here are a few tips on how to help you close the sale if this comes up:
Project Selling Points
- Focus on the benefits once the project is done. For example, extra living space or energy efficiency.
- Mention future return on investment (if they plan on selling the home).
- Condition the prospect’s mind to think about the project as an investment that solves their problem. They will be more appreciative of the price if they have the mindset that the project fulfills their need/want.
- Focus on you and your company. Company reputation, good reviews and testimonials are on the top of the homeowner’s mind when deciding which remodeling company to go with. Help them invest in your and your service.
- Give a detailed quote. Help the homeowner understand exactly what they are going to get by showing a comprehensive list of products and services needed for the job.
- If cost is really important to the potential customer, help them lower it but don’t cut your profit margins. For example, recommend a less expensive material that still fulfills their need. OR you can offer a low monthly payment which makes the project cost seem more reasonable.
Even if your prospect is questioning the investment in the project, you can still close the sale and have a happy customer. Foundation Finance can help you offer your customer financing so cost does not have to be a roadblock to closing the sale. Call 1-855-241-0024 or email [email protected] for more information on how to become an approved dealer or for more information on our consumer financing programs.
Read the full article here.