Clients who feel well served by your business are much more likely to recommend you or provide a positive review. Happy clients, recommendations and reviews are the fuel to future business.
Here are some important tips for ending a project with satisfied clients.
- Set clear expectations. Take the time to set expectations with your client as to what will be done, when and who is responsible for each portion of the project.
- Communicate often. The more frequently you can communicate project expectations that were agreed upon before the start of the work, the less likely the client is to ask for additional items to be added or the schedule to be changed.
- Compromise. Surprises may happen during the course of a project. Sometimes compromising with the client on cost or completion schedule to remedy an unexpected issue is necessary to maintain a good working relationship.
- Done means done. Completing a client’s project with no lingering issues or need for discussion is vital to the reputation of your business. If after the project is “complete,” your client needs to call several times to discuss issues, their satisfaction in the project drops.
- Connect. Most contractors work off repeat business and referrals. Don’t forget about your clients after the project is done. Find a way to stay in touch whether it is a note or email or even an invitation to a company event.
You want your clients to remember you for the experience they had and the outcome of the project. Executing on the tips above will set you up for long term success and repeat business.
Read more here.