With a new year comes new clients which means new challenges, projects and opportunities. Make it your 2017 resolution to build and maintain successful client relationships and increase homeowner satisfaction. Here are few tips from Remodeling magazine to help you show homeowners you get the value in the projects you’re doing for them:
- Find out what they really want. Ask questions about why the homeowner is doing the project and what it means to them; it shows you really care.
- Keep important details in view. Attention to detail is key. Keep the customer’s wants in mind but make sure to discuss details with them that may be challenges.
- Understand their needs. Find middle ground between the homeowner’s wants and needs. It’s good to take a step back to observe exactly what they need – what the homeowner thinks they want for the space may not be the same as what they need.
- Don’t underestimate the power of communication. Check in with your clients at various stages throughout the project; make sure you’re all on the same page.
- Individualize solutions for each customer. Customize project plans and solutions for each customer. This will create a more loyal customer, one who is willing to recommend your company.
- Realize there will be dissatisfaction. Accept that dissatisfaction will happen. Use it as an opportunity to build a good client relationship by helping the customer focus on the positive and taking their feedback to heart.
- Be as unobtrusive as possible. Be considerate of the homeowner and their routine. Keep communication open about when you’ll be working on the project and if it could affect their daily routine. Be considerate of neighbors as well. Make sure to label or move safety hazards.
- Reward and involve loyal clients. Follow up with your clients after the project is complete. Make sure the homeowner is happy and even encourage them to provide a testimonial.
Taking to time to listen and understand your clients’ wants, needs and goals is a great start to building great relationships in the New Year. Take time personalize the project and provide communication throughout each step of the project. Happy clients means repeat business and referrals! Cheers to a great 2017!
Read the full article here.