A survey conducted by Contractor Nation of over 1,729 homeowners who reported hiring a remodeler in the past five years shows surprising data about the factors that go into choosing a remodeler. Obviously homeowners are not relying solely on your website to make the decision. The numbers show that an overwhelming number of homeowners start their search for a contractor by asking a friend/family member or a contractor they know. Your website and social sites are still important for reviews and testimonials from your customers. Once a customer narrows their search, they look to a contractor’s website for testimonials and before and after shots of completed jobs. 46% of homeowners surveyed said they do not stop their search after contacting one remodeler. They go back to the internet for comparison and reviews. Fundamentally, the potential customer is just trying to figure out three things:
- Can I trust the contractor/remodeling company?
- Has the contractor done this work before?
- Has the contractor done this work in my town?
If you can answer these three questions for the customer (through reviews/testimonials and your website) then the chances of closing the sale are much greater.
Based on the survey results and feedback from homeowners, below are some helpful tips for your website:
- Have drop-down on website for services as well as cities/locations served
- Post photos (before and after shots of jobs) and testimonials for all services and locations served
- Customers are more likely to post review if the crew who did the work in/on the house are the ones making the request; the testimonial request should be clear and specific.
- Don’t bury contact information
- Put the business phone number and office hours in the upper right-hand corner of every page on the site. *Make sure someone is available to answer the phone at all times during your office owners.
- Clearly advertise on your website that you offer financing. This can be a deal breaker or maker for some customers.
At Foundation Finance, we can help you close more sales and build your bottom line by offering flexible financing programs to your customers. For more information on our programs or on how to become a dealer, please call us at 855-241-0024 ext. 5012 or email email@example.com.
Read the full article here.