A home is many people’s most valuable asset, so when they start searching for a home improvement contractor, they look for someone they can trust. Help build trust by being prepared to answer questions about your business, the project and your experience.
Some of the most common questions you will run across are listed below. Think about how you want to answer each of these so that the next time the question is asked, you will be ready. However, if you ever find yourself faced with a different question and struggling to find an answer, just let your customer know you will look into it and get back to them soon.
Many questions your customers ask will be easy to answer.
- Do you have a contracting license?
- Do you have insurance?
- How long have you been in the business?
- Who do I reach out to if I have questions?
- What made you want to become a contractor?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do I pay up front or after the project is completed?
Some questions may take a bit of preparation to answer.
- Do you have any referrals?
- Can I speak with one of your past customers?
- What steps will you take to protect the property?
- How do you resolve disagreements?
- Where do you source your materials from?
- Do you have examples of your work?
Other questions may focus more on the customer’s project.
- How much experience do you have with this type of project?
- Will you take care of inspections and permits?
- When would you be able to start?
- How long will it take?
- Will you handle clean up?
- Will there be subcontractors?
- Are there warranties for the materials and services?
- Is this an estimate or the total cost?
One of the most frequent questions your customers will ask is “how much will it cost.” This is a great time to offer to prequalify your customer for low monthly payments through Foundation Finance. It’s quick, easy and won’t negatively impact their credit score.*
Interested in other ways Foundation Finance can help you close your next sale? Contact us for more info: 1-855-241-0024, [email protected].
You can build on us. Enroll in the Foundation Finance dealer network today.
*Upon our receipt of the customer’s completed credit application and signed financing documents a hard inquiry on the customer’s credit (that may affect the customer’s credit score) will occur.