Do you make it easy for your customers to see that you offer financing? Or are they left wondering during your presentation … how can I afford this? Promoting financing in all your sales and marketing efforts can help set your customers at ease. There’s a reason you see promotions like “90 days no payments” or “12 months same-as-cash” advertised everywhere from furniture stores to dentist offices to Big Box retailers – it’s because customers are accustomed to having financing options for large-ticket purchases. Letting them know upfront that financing options are available allows them to focus on the features and benefits of your products … not just the price tag!
Tips for Promoting Financing
- Put “Financing Available” or list a specific offer (“6 months’ same-as-cash financing available”) on your website, phone hold message, sell sheets and pricing proposals. Use our KWIK-LINK to place a secure FFC credit application right on your website so your customers can apply.
- Offer financing to everyone – don’t prejudge your customers, which can cost you sales. Give every customer two positive payment choices: “The cash price is $4,000 or we can do low monthly payments of $80/month on our financing plan.” Don’t make a customer ask for financing … they may be too embarrassed to do so and throw out other objections instead.
- Speak in terms of monthly payments. It is much easier to talk about “$80/month” than to ask for a $4,000 lump sum. It also makes it easier to upgrade customers to better-performing products. “We can upgrade you to the Platinum Package for just $20 more per month.”
- Advertise a special financing program in your print, radio, TV and other advertising. Same-as-cash financing programs can help attract new buyers and close tough sales.
- Use our free point-of-sale materials. We have posters, window clings and a customer brochure to help you promote the fact that you offer consumer financing programs.
Home improvement contractors are embracing financing programs more than ever before. Our experienced staff can help you find the same-as-cash financing plans or other home improvement loan types that can work to help you close sales. We’ve got tips on pricing your projects to take advantage of financing promotions without sacrificing your margins.
Give us a call today at 1-855-241-0024 x5012 or email [email protected] to learn more.