Most home improvement dealers will agree that stress isn’t a welcome addition to their workday. Yet it seems inevitable. Case in point: sending invoices and waiting to get paid for a project is a typical stressor. Especially when listening to reasons why the customer is delinquent on payments, can’t pay the remainder of the loan or won’t pay for the project at all! Ugh.
There’s an easier, less stressful way for home improvement dealers to get paid. Let someone else take care of the “ugh” work! When you partner with a finance company like Foundation Finance, they will fund you in full when the project is completed and eliminate the stressors of payment management.
It’s quick and easy to work with the customer on financing for their home improvement project. At Foundation Finance, it’s a simple five-step process:
- Your customer submits a credit approval application to Foundation Finance.
- The loan documents are completed and submitted (easy online docs).
- Foundation Finance verifies the loan with the customer.
- You complete the home improvement project.
- Foundation Finance verifies the job and YOU GET PAID via an instant ACH deposit!
But let’s get into the nitty-gritty of the funding documents. These are legal documents so it’s important to pay attention to the details. The following tips will help you create a smooth process and get paid faster:
Biggest tip of all: use in-home/in-office DocuSign!
It’s by far the most convenient and efficient process for both you and your customer. The customer can electronically sign documents from any location and any device. There’s no paperwork and traditional process hassles are eliminated. DocuSign details here.
Important tips if using paper documents:
- If electronic signing is not used, customers must have a physical copy of their signed documents.
- Altered dates are not allowed on paperwork – even if initialed by the customer. New paperwork with correct dates would be required.
- White-out is not permitted on any legal document.
- A full description of goods is required to accept documents as complete.
- Stipulations on the approval must be cleared before the loan will fund. Notifications of cleared stipulations will be sent via email and viewable in your dealer portal.
- If an approval qualifies for reduced APR, you still must list/select that rate on the contract.
- Faxing or emailing copies of loan documents to Foundation Finance prior to mailing the originals allows them to review and advise if there are any issues to be corrected.
- Customers must sign the documents with full signatures (no abbreviations or initials).The Notice of Cancellation must be expired for a loan to fund–even if all other funding requirements are met.
Add some Zen into your workday and stop stressing about getting paid. Partner with Foundation Finance and let us do what we’re best at–funding your projects!
Leverage the selling power of competitive and convenient financing every time you call on a customer! Contact us today: 1-855-241-0024, [email protected].