Setting goals helps you measure your progress in the current year or quarter as well as compare that progress to other years or quarters. Goals also help establish accountability and set the direction you want your business to go.
Types of Goals
There are a lot of ways to create and measure what makes a successful business. Consider what goals will work best for you and your team to get where you want to be in 2023. Here are some ideas to get you started!
Financing milestones can be a good way to track overall business growth and success.
Health & Safety:
Goals that involve reducing workplace accidents, implementing safety training and improving safety compliance can have a positive impact on your business.
Cutting back on wasted materials, improving employee attendance rates, and tracking and maintaining your inventory of supplies and tools can help cut costs and improve overall efficiency.
Finding and training new employees can be time consuming and costly. Consider setting goals and looking for opportunities to reduce employee turnover, raise average job tenure and measure employee satisfaction.
Happy customers create referrals and repeat business. Review your current processes to find ways to improve your customer’s experience (such as offering home improvement financing).
What Makes a Good Goal?
The key to creating a good business goal is to make sure it is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound.
- Specific: There are many ways you can reach a goal, and you may employ several strategies to reach it, making it important to set specific goals so that it’s clear when the goal’s criteria are met.
- Measurable: A goal isn’t worth much if you can’t measure your progress or tell when you’ve accomplished it. Make sure your goals include a specific number or percentage change you hope to achieve.
- Attainable: Ambitious goals can help propel your business forward…as long as they are attainable. Consider your results from previous years and the factors that led to those results to come up with goals you and your team can realistically achieve.
- Relevant: Will your goal help your business be more successful? A worthwhile goal will have a positive effect on your business when you accomplish it.
- Time-bound: Open ended goals make it hard to measure progress. Choose a specific time frame that you will work towards each goal and at the end, measure your progress to see if you have achieved it!
Setting worthwhile business goals is important, so take some time to really think about what you want to accomplish in the coming year. Once you know what to achieve, we will be there to back you up! Our dealers receive full access to the tools and technology that make offering home improvement financing to your customers easy.