Creating a successful home improvement business and growing your career is a lot of work, so it’s important to find time to kick back and relax too! Here are some tips to help you keep on track and strike the right work-life balance for you.
Manage Your Time.
Juggling homeowners, suppliers, schedules and the hundreds of other tasks you manage on a day-to-day basis takes a lot of work and an even better system. Optimize your time and resources with these time management strategies:
- Prioritize your tasks – handle the most important items first.
- Time blocking – dedicate specific times to complete certain tasks.
- Manage distractions – find ways to combat your biggest distractions to keep on task.
- Get organized – keep the materials and tools you need for common tasks easily accessible.
- Plan ahead – schedule time for both work and personal matters to ensure each is being addressed.
- Set goals – create attainable benchmarks for the day to help you stay on track and motivated.
- Make a list – keep track of what you need to do and what’s already been done.
- Delegate – don’t take on everything yourself if you have the option to ask for help.
- Don’t overbook – leave room in your day to compensate for tasks or appointments that take longer than expected.
Plan and Take Vacation Days.
Summer is the busy season for many home improvement industries, making the fall lull the perfect time to take some time for yourself. Whether you plan an extravagant getaway or some quiet time at home, take a few days for some well-deserved rest and relaxation. Check out these tips on “Planning a Vacation as a Small Business Owner” for some ideas on where to start.
Shorten Your Sales Funnel.
Finding customers and closing sales is easier when you offer a great deal, and Foundation Finance can help with that. Join our dealer network to offer your customers great rates on home improvement financing. This enables your customers to make low monthly payments instead of having to come up with project funds up front.